Been a very rushed week and I cannot say how glad I was when the alarm went off this morning and signalled the start of Friday and the fact that the weekend was a few hours away.
Ended an hour early and it is amazing the difference those 60 minutes make. Hubby and I popped into the shops to buy a few things for the weekend, got home and opened a bottle of wine which we enjoyed outside on our bench. I put out some snacks and we chilled in the garden.
Great start to the weekend. I enjoyed a long bubble bath and read for a bit – don’t know why I only realised a few years ago how relaxing a book and bath (combined) can be. I’ve lost a few bookmarks but they were easily replaced 🙂
Some highlights to the week that has finished were:
– Being given a project at work and finishing it timeously. Knowing I helped another department out and still managed to finish my work was a good feeling.
– Getting the Clinique free gift with purchase. I love the goodies and the bag
– Hubby had a great day bird-watching. He finished painting an area on one of the walls in the lounge so it is damp-proofed and ready for winter.
– Weekend has arrived at long last. Supper is on the stove as I sit here sipping tea.
– Going away tomorrow and staying overnight in a lovely guestlodge. I’m packing in very little and taking a book I’ve been enjoying. Love Marian Keyes 🙂
Have a great one.